Why Does My Wall Heater Keep Turning Off?

why does my wall heater keep turning off

If your wall heater keeps turning off then there are a couple of things that could be causing the issue. They include faulty sensors, short circuits, and a circuit breaker trip.

Faulty sensors

When it comes to furnaces, it’s no secret that bad sensors are commonplace. You may notice your heater is turning off and on more frequently than usual, or the thermostat may be sending the wrong signal. If you’re not comfortable handling your furnace, you’ll want to call in the pros.

Most modern gas-fired furnaces use a flame sensor to check that the gas valve is open only during a fire. This component is small and is usually located on the burner assembly. It’s a simple metal rod, bent at an angle, that detects the burning flame.

To locate the faulty sensor, you’ll first need to shut off the power. Then, you’ll need to remove the cover. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to access the gizmo.

The aforementioned rod will be accompanied by a wire attached to it, which you’ll need to replace. This can be accomplished with a screwdriver or drill.

The main thing is not to overdo it. Attempting to replace a flame sensor could lead to damage and could even ruin your furnace.

Blocked vents

A properly maintained wall heater is akin to a slam dunk, to say the least. A poorly maintained gas wall heater is likely to be a costly affair. One way to avoid such calamities is to perform regular maintenance checks. The best part about doing such a check-up is that you’ll likely never have to worry about a faulty furnace again. And with a properly maintained system, you won’t have to spend half your paycheck on a replacement furnace. Of course, if you’re not a DIY buff, you can hire a professional to do the job for you. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to be able to snag a discount, and you can save big bucks for a high-quality system. Moreover, the best part of the deal is that you will have an operating system in tip-top condition, so you’ll be able to enjoy all the warmth and comforts of home. For example, if you live in a high-rise or a condo, you will likely have an onsite elevator, which is a definite plus.

Circuit breaker trip

If you notice that your wall heater keeps tripping the circuit breaker in your home, there’s a chance that it’s overloaded. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem.

First, you’ll need to unplug all your devices. This will help prevent any power surges from affecting your equipment. It’s also a good idea to check your electrical panel and fuse box for tripped breakers.

The next step is to determine why your heater is tripping the circuit. Some causes include overheating, loose wires, and a short circuit. While some of these problems are relatively easy to fix, others require professional help.

Another possibility is that your circuit breaker is faulty. You may have to get an electrician to do some corrections to the circuit. In the meantime, you should prepare for a power outage.

Before you try to reset the breaker, you’ll need to find out why it’s tripping. For example, you may need to unplug your wall heater or other appliances that are not working properly.

Short circuit

When the wall heater in your home keeps turning off, you may wonder what the problem is. Several things could cause it to do so. One of the most common is a short circuit. This can cause an electrical shock and possibly a fire.

You can fix this issue by checking your electrical wiring and loose connections. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, you can call an electrician.

Another problem that can cause your wall heater to keep turning off is an overloaded circuit. Overloaded circuits can be caused by a faulty control switch, a blown fuse, or a defective thermostat. To test your circuit, you will need to unplug all devices from the circuit. Then, you should plug them in in order. Wait for a few minutes to see if the circuit stays on.

Sometimes, an overloaded circuit can be fixed by rewiring the circuit. However, you should be careful to only do this if you have the necessary skills. Otherwise, you could damage your wiring.