This is an amazingly easy dinner (and it tastes great too)! I got this recipe from my sister and have used it for years now.
1lb boneless, skinless chicken
1 jar salsa (I prefer Pace but any brand will work)
corn or flour tortillas
Shredded cheese of your choice
Red or green enchilada sauce
- Boil chicken until tender and falls apart (about an hour).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- After chicken cools, shred.
- Place chicken in a large skillet and add salsa (enough to coat all chicken, about 1/2 jar) and warm.
- If using corn tortillas, put a small amount of enchilada sauce into a small fry pan and heat.
- Place corn tortilla into sauce and heat till warm flipping once.
- Place tortilla into cake pan.
- Layer with chicken and cheese.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 until you have as many as you want or until chicken is gone.
- For flour tortillas, simply layer with cheese and chicken, roll and place in pan.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with beans and rice.
All told from start to finish it takes about an hour and a half. If you don’t have time to wait for the chicken to cool, use 2 forks to shred. These are amazing! If you try this recipe I would love to hear what you think about it.
Have a great day!