I got this recipe from That Which Nourishes and it is just as amazing as the site swears it is!
1lb pasta (I used elbow macaroni)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
4 c. milk
6 c. freshly shredded sharp or white cheddar
1 T. salt
up to 1 T. pepper
2 T. butter
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- preheat oven to 325
- boil pasta is salted water according to package directions.
3. Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
4. Sprinkle in flour and whisk and cook about 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add in salt and pepper.
6. Slowly pour in 4 c. milk whisking until smooth and heated to a low boil until thickened. Do not stop until thick.
7. Grease a 9×13″ baking dish
8. sprinkle over the top 6 c. of cheese
9. Pour the thickened cream sauce over the hot past and cheese. Let it sit until the cheese melts. Once cheese melts mix it all together.
10. Place in 9×13″ baking dish.
11. Melt 2 T. butter in a small sauce pan. Add in panko bread crumbs, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Spread panko bread crumbs over the macaroni, cheese, and cream mixture.
13. Place in oven for 12-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I also added some of the cheese on the top.
Have a great day!